This streetscape project includes 4.5 block faces with improvements including new curb and gutter, street trees and grates, historic streetlights, pedestrian ramps and furnishings such as bike racks, litter receptacles and benches for pedestrian use. The sidewalks are constructed per the Boise City Streetscape Standards using a mixture of brick and concrete sidewalks. The project also includes use of the Silva Cell Tree and Stormwater Management System. Silva cells are a suspended pavement system that allows street trees to grow larger and live longer healthier lives in an urban environment.
Block faces included in the construction scope:
- 15th Street & Main Street (Main Street to Idaho Street – east side)
- Main Street – east end (15th – 14th Street)
- 15th Street & Main Street (Main Street to Grove Street – east side)
- 11th Street (Idaho Street south to alley – west side)
- View the streetscape map and phasing plan here: CCDC Westside Phasing Plan 090215
CCDC Project Manager Karl Woods oversaw the project.